Manitoba Book Awards 2022 winnersFriday, Jun 10, 2022 at 1:35pm
Presenting the winners of the 2022 Manitoba Book Awards! With over a dozen different categories, these awards celebrate excellence in Manitoba writing, publishing, illustrating, and book design.
This year's winners include:
Alexander Kennedy Isbister Award for Non-Fiction
Dadibaajim: Returning Home Through Narrative by Helen Olsen Agger, published by University of Manitoba Press
Carol Shields Winnipeg Book Award / Prix littéraire Carol-Shields de la ville de Winnipeg
Mont-Blanc-Winnipeg Express par Seream, publié par Les Éditions du Blé
Eileen McTavish Sykes Award for Best First Book
• Persephone's Children: A Life in Fragments by Rowan McCandless, published by Dundurn Press
• We Are All Perfectly Fine: A Memoir of Love, Medicine and Healing by Jillian Horton, published by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd.
John Hirsch Emerging Manitoba Writer Award
Lansdowne Prize for Poetry
The Lost Cafeteria by Joel Robert Ferguson, published by Signature Editions
Manuela Dias Book Design and Illustration Awards
• BOOK DESIGN: Warehouse Journal Volume Thirty edited & designed by Chelsea Colburn & Teresa Lyons, published by Warehouse Journal, Faculty of Architecture, University of Manitoba
• ILLUSTRATION: Category held over until 2023.
• CHILDREN'S ILLUSTRATION: You Came From My Heart by Brenlee Coates, illustrations by Roberta Landreth, published by FriesenPress
Margaret Laurence Award for Fiction
• Hour of the Crab by Patricia Robertson, published by Goose Lane Editions
• Prodigies by Bob Armstrong, published by Five Star (an imprint of Gale, a Cengage Company)
Mary Scorer Award for Best Book by a Manitoba Publisher
Did You See Us? Reunion, Remembrance, and Reclamation at an Urban Indian Residential School by Survivors of the Assiniboia Indian Residential School, preface by Theodore Fontaine, edited by Andrew Woolford, design by Vincent Design, published by University of Manitoba Press
Michael Van Rooy Award for Genre Fiction
So Many Windings by Catherine Macdonald, published by At Bay Press
McNally Robinson Book for Young People (Younger Category)
I Sang You Down from the Stars by Tasha Spillett-Sumner, published by Owlkids Books
McNally Robinson Book of the Year Award
Out of Mind by David Bergen, published by Goose Lane Editions
Congratulations to all!
|Categories: Awards, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Prairie Writing, Canadian Lit|