Giller Prize 2018 longlist announcedTuesday, Sep 18, 2018 at 5:33pm
The longlist for this year's Scotiabank Giller Prize has been unveiled.
The Giller Prize's mission is to recognize excellence in Canadian fiction, and thus every year its list of candidates is full of phenomenal talent from new and veteran authors alike. The 2018 list, as you are about to see, is no exception:
- Zolitude by Paige Cooper
- French Exit by Patrick deWitt
- Songs for the Cold of Heart by Eric Dupont, translated by Peter McCambridge
- Washington Black by Esi Edugyan
- Beirut Hellfire Society by Rawi Hage
- Motherhood by Sheila Heti
- Our Homesick Songs by Emma Hooper
- An Ocean of Minutes by Thea Lim
- Something for Everyone by Lisa Moore
- Split Tooth by Tanya Tagaq
- Vi by Kim Thúy, translated Sheila Fischman
- Jonny Appleseed by Joshua Whitehead
Congratulations to all who made the list! The finalists will be announced on October 1st, 2018, and the winner announced at a gala on November 19th, 2018.
If you are in Winnipeg, we hope you'll join us to celebrate the winner on November 19th at the Giller Light Bash. Listen to local advocates from the community present each Giller shortlist nominated book, dine on a delicious meal from Prairie Ink Restaurant, and watch the proceedings on television from Toronto. Tickets are available now at the bookstore and online, with all proceeds going to benefit Frontier College. For more information on that event, please visit this page.
We also hope you'll join us to celebrate many of this year's candidates in person! A number of authors on the list above will be visiting us to discuss and sign their new books. Please visit a book's details page to find out if the author has an upcoming event at one of our stores, or use the site's search function and look under Events.
To find out more about the Giller Prize, please visit the Prize's website.
|Categories: Awards, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Canadian Lit|