McNally Robinson's Response to COVID-19
Nothing is more important to us than the communities we are a part of, however during a crisis such as the COVID-19 pandemic we must of course reimagine ourselves for the health and well-being of our friends and neighbours. McNally Robinson has always been a place of gathering, but as that has become a problem rather than a benefit we felt the need to change some of the ways you are accustomed to us functioning.
Please see below about how we are functioning and how you can continue shop with us during the COVID-19 crisis. For regular company updates we recommend you follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
OUR BOOKSTORES HAVE REOPENED
All of our bookstores are once again open to the public! You're welcome to come inside and browse, or if you'd prefer to stay outside we continue to offer contactless curbside pickup and, in Winnipeg, delivery.
Our current hours of operation are:
- Winnipeg at Grant Park: open 10 AM to 7 PM Monday through Saturday and 10 AM to 6 PM on Sundays. Prairie Ink Restaurant is also open the same hours.
- Winnipeg at The Forks: open 11 AM to 7 PM every day of the week.
- Saskatoon: open 10 AM to 7 PM Monday through Saturday and 10 AM to 6 PM on Sundays. Prairie Ink Restaurant is also open the same hours.
We are following all provincial safety guidelines and taking every precaution to provide a safe and clean space for our visitors:
- We are limiting the number visitors in our stores at any one time, based on the size of the store.
- Communal surfaces such as door handles, countertops, debit/credit terminals, keyboards, phones, and washrooms are sanitized regularly. Staff have been trained in the Clean It Right program from the Manitoba Tourism Education Council.
- There is hand sanitizer available at the entrances and exits.
- We have removed many of the in-store chairs, displays, and tables to allow visitors to distance themselves more freely, and there are signs reminding and encouraging guests to remain apart at a safe distance.
- We are discouraging leisurely browsing and guests from lingering.
- Payment by cash is allowed but discouraged; we ask you pay by debit or credit instead.
- All products returned by customers are set aside and isolated for minimum three days.
- Staff are screening themselves online prior to each shift and will not be allowed to work if they show any symptoms of COVID-19.
For the safety of our customers, staff, and community as a whole, we ask that you also follow all recommended health and safety precautions everywhere you go, and to please stay home and isolate if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
HOW TO GET YOUR BOOKS
Here are all of the ways you can shop with us right now:
1. SHOP IN PERSON
- All of our bookstores have reopened to the public!
- Please see above for hours of operation and details on how we're protecting our customers and ourselves during the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. SHOP ONLINE here at McNallyRobinson.com
- Our webstore is open 24/7.
- Assuming books are in-stock at the bookstore nearest you, most online orders are processed within 1-4 business days. Otherwise the timeline varies depending on product availability at our other locations and suppliers.
3. SHOP BY PHONE
- Winnipeg at Grant Park: 204-475-0483. See above for hours of operation.
- Winnipeg at The Forks: 204-615-7868, 11 AM to 7 PM every day of the week. Note that curbside pickup is not available at this location; please call our Grant Park store instead for this service.
- Saskatoon: 306-955-3599. See above for hours of operation.
- Toll-Free across Canada: 1-800-561-1833. 10 AM to 7 PM Monday through Saturday and 10 AM to 6 PM on Sundays.
And when you are shopping by phone or online, here are some methods of how we can actually get your books to you:
- Contactless curbside pickup. Order ahead by phone, then call us when you're parked out front of the store and we'll run your parcel out. There is a table in front of the store where we will place your parcel, and then we will step back and allow you to retrieve it. You may also order online and request curbside pickup (you can specify this in "order instructions"). (Note: Curbside pickup is not available at our Forks store in Winnipeg; you will have to come into the Forks store to get your order.)
- Delivery in Winnipeg for as low as $5; see this page for details.
- Shipping across Canada via Canada Post. If you order online and spend $30 or more, your order will ship to anywhere in Canada for a flat rate of $8; see this page for details. Otherwise, shipping rates are calculated for each order based on package weight and destination.
EVENTS & COMMUNITY CLASSROOM
We are postponing all events and, in Winnipeg, cancelling classes in our Community Classroom for the foreseeable future. If you are registered for an ongoing class or a class that has yet to begin, we will provide you with either a refund or classroom credit for the value of the class.
Prairie Ink Restaurant is open for dining in both Winnipeg and Saskatoon, following all necessary precautions to provide a safe and comfortable experience for diners. Restaurant hours are the same as the bookstores (see above).
Our Self-Publishing and Print-On-Demand services are unavailable for the time being.
We are deeply thankful for your continued support during these trying times, and we wish you all the best. Please stay safe and follow all of the COVID-19 safety guidelines as outlined by Health Canada.