McNally Robinson's Response to COVID-19
Nothing is more important to us than the communities we are a part of, however during a crisis such as the COVID-19 pandemic we must of course reimagine ourselves for the health and well-being of our friends and neighbours. McNally Robinson has always been a place of gathering, but as that has become a problem rather than a benefit we felt the need to change some of the ways you are accustomed to us functioning.
Please see below about how we are functioning and how you can continue shop with us during the COVID-19 crisis. For regular company updates we recommend you follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
- All of our bookstores are currently open to the public. Please see this page for our hours of operation.
- We are following all local government mandates regarding COVID-19 to ensure a safe shopping space for our customers and our staff.
- We continue to offer curbside pickup at our Winnipeg Grant Park and Saskatoon stores, as well as delivery within Winnipeg and shipping to anywhere in the world.
We are following all provincial safety guidelines and taking every precaution to provide a safe and clean space for our visitors:
- We are limiting the number of visitors in our stores at any one time, based on the size of the store.
- We are enforcing the use of masks for staff and strongly encourage our customers to wear theirs.
- Communal surfaces such as door handles, countertops, debit/credit terminals, keyboards, phones, and washrooms are sanitized regularly. Staff have been trained in the Clean It Right program from the Manitoba Tourism Education Council.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrances and exits for customer use.
- We have removed many of the in-store chairs, displays, and tables to allow visitors to distance themselves more freely, and there are signs reminding and encouraging guests to remain apart at a safe distance.
- Payment by cash is allowed but we ask that you pay by debit or credit instead.
- All products returned by customers are set aside and isolated for a minimum of three days.
- Staff are screening themselves online prior to each shift and will not be allowed to work if they show any symptoms of COVID-19.
For the safety of our customers, staff, and community as a whole, we ask that you also follow all recommended health and safety precautions everywhere you go, and to please stay home and isolate if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
Here are all of the ways you can shop with us right now:
1. SHOP IN PERSON
- Please see this page for hours of operation, and read above for details on how we're protecting our customers and our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. SHOP ONLINE here at McNallyRobinson.com
- Our online store is open 24/7.
- Assuming books are in-stock at the bookstore nearest you, most online orders are processed within 1-4 business days. Otherwise the timeline varies depending on product availability at our other store locations and suppliers.
3. SHOP BY PHONE during regular business hours
- Winnipeg at Grant Park: 204-475-0483.
- Saskatoon: 306-955-3599.
- Toll-Free across Canada: 1-800-561-1833.
When you are shopping by phone or online, here are the ways we can get your order to you:
- Contactless curbside pickup. Call us when you're outside of the store and we'll run your parcel out.
- Delivery in Winnipeg for as low as $5. See this page for details.
- Worldwide shipping via Canada Post.
As vaccination rates improve and COVID-19 cases drop, we are gradually resuming in-person events in our bookstores, taking every precaution to provide a safe space for all of our guests. These in-person events will also be live-streamed on YouTube for those who cannot or choose not to join us in person; for more information on our "hybrid" events visit this page. Meanwhile we continue to host many virtual-only events via Zoom and YouTube. Visit our Upcoming Events page to see what events are happening soon.
THE COMMUNITY CLASSROOM
As of September 2021, we have begun to slowly re-open our physical classroom. While many classes will still proceed online, we will also be offering some classes in-person (up to a maximum of 10 vaccinated participants) and a handful of classes will be open to both in-person and online participants. Visit this page to see a list of our upcoming classes.
In Saskatoon and Winnipeg, our restaurants are open for takeout as well as in-house dining, and we are following all necessary local health guidelines to provide a safe and comfortable experience for diners. For more information please visit Prairie Ink's website.
We are deeply thankful for your continued support during these trying times, and we wish you all the best. Please stay safe and follow all provincial COVID-19 safety guidelines to keep yourself and your loved ones healthy.