McNally Robinson's Response to COVID-19
Nothing is more important to us than the communities we are a part of, however during a crisis such as the COVID-19 pandemic we must of course reimagine ourselves for the health and well-being of our friends and neighbours. McNally Robinson has always been a place of gathering, but as that has become a problem rather than a benefit we felt the need to change some of the ways you are accustomed to us functioning.
Please see below about how we are functioning and how you can continue shop with us during the COVID-19 crisis. For regular company updates we recommend you follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
- Due to the CODE RED of Manitoba's pandemic response plan, our Winnipeg stores are currently closed for in-person shopping. However, we are still available for curbside pickup at Grant Park and delivery within Winnipeg during our regular business hours. You may shop online or by phone at 204-475-0483. NOTE: Our phone lines are exceptionally busy right now, so if you cannot get through right away please keep trying or call back later.
- Our Saskatoon store remains open to the public and continues to offer curbside pickup. Please see this page for current store hours.
We are following all provincial safety guidelines and taking every precaution to provide a safe and clean space for our visitors:
- We are limiting the number of visitors in our stores at any one time, based on the size of the store.
- Communal surfaces such as door handles, countertops, debit/credit terminals, keyboards, phones, and washrooms are sanitized regularly. Staff have been trained in the Clean It Right program from the Manitoba Tourism Education Council.
- There is hand sanitizer available at the entrances and exits.
- We have removed many of the in-store chairs, displays, and tables to allow visitors to distance themselves more freely, and there are signs reminding and encouraging guests to remain apart at a safe distance.
- We are discouraging leisurely browsing and guests from lingering.
- Payment by cash is allowed but discouraged; we ask you pay by debit or credit instead.
- All products returned by customers are set aside and isolated for a minimum of three days.
- Staff are screening themselves online prior to each shift and will not be allowed to work if they show any symptoms of COVID-19.
For the safety of our customers, staff, and community as a whole, we ask that you also follow all recommended health and safety precautions everywhere you go, and to please stay home and isolate if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
Here are all of the ways you can shop with us right now:
1. SHOP IN PERSON
- Our Winnipeg stores are temporarily closed for in-person shopping due to Manitoba's red level of pandemic response. See below for details about shopping with us online and by phone.
- Our Saskatoon store remains open to the public during regular business hours.
- Please see this page for hours of operation, and read above for details on how we're protecting our customers and our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. SHOP ONLINE here at McNallyRobinson.com
- Our webstore is open 24/7.
- Assuming books are in-stock at the bookstore nearest you, most online orders are processed within 1-4 business days. Otherwise the timeline varies depending on product availability at our other store locations and suppliers.
3. SHOP BY PHONE during regular business hours
- Winnipeg at Grant Park: 204-475-0483.
- Saskatoon: 306-955-3599.
- Toll-Free across Canada: 1-800-561-1833.
- NOTE: Our phone lines are exceptionally busy right now, so if you cannot get through right away please keep trying or call back later.
And when you are shopping by phone or online, here are some methods of how we can actually get your books to you:
- Contactless curbside pickup. Order ahead online or by phone, then call us when you're outside of the store and we'll run your parcel out.
- Delivery in Winnipeg for as low as $5. See this page for details.
- Worldwide shipping via Canada Post.
For the foreseeable future we will not be hosting any in-person events at our bookstores. Instead, we will be hosting virtual book launches and author chats online via Zoom and YouTube. Keep an eye on our Upcoming Events page or follow us on social media to see what events are coming up.
THE COMMUNITY CLASSROOM
Our Community Classroom is currently offering several virtual classes via Zoom video conferencing, which will maintain the interactive learning environment of our physical classroom but at a safe distance. See our upcoming classes and register online here.
Prairie Ink Restaurant is open for dining in Saskatoon but currently closed for dining in Winnipeg due to government restrictions related to Manitoba's COVID-19 CODE RED. All restaurants continue to offer takeout, and in Saskatoon are following all necessary precautions to provide a safe and comfortable experience for diners. For more information please visit Prairie Ink's website.
We are deeply thankful for your continued support during these trying times, and we wish you all the best. Please stay safe and follow all provincial COVID-19 safety guidelines to keep yourself and your loved ones healthy.