Billy-Ray Belcourt and Susan Howe are, respectively, the Canadian and International winners of the 2018 Griffin Poetry Prize.
Belcourt, of the Driftpile Cree Nation in Alberta, won for his collection entitled This Wound is a World, and Howe, and American poet, won for her collection Debths. They each received C$65,000 in prize money.
Congratulations to both! For more information on the Griffin Poetry Prize, visit their website.Categories: Awards, Poetry, Saskatoon, Winnipeg
Home Fire is Shamsie's seventh novel, and tells the heartbreaking story of an immigrant family driven to pit love against loyalty, with devastating consequences.
Formerly known as The Orange Prize, the Women's Prize is an annual award that honours the best full length fiction written by women across the globe. Each winner receives a £30,000 (approximately $52,000 CA) prize and the ‘Bessie’, a limited edition bronze figurine.
Congratulations, Ms. Shamsie! For more details, visit the Women's Prize website.Categories: Awards, Saskatoon, Winnipeg
The Awards were announced at a ceremony in New York City on June 4th, where attendees celebrated thirty years of LGBTQ literature. Many awards were given out, and two especially notable winners were Roxane Gay and Edmund White, who were honoured with the Lambda’s Trustee and Visionary Awards, respectively.
You can find a full list of winners after the jump...Categories: Awards, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, LGBTQ
To mark the 50th anniversary of the Man Booker award, The Booker Prize Foundation will be giving out a special one-off award this year to honour the best work of fiction from the last five decades of the prize. The Golden Man Booker will put all 51 past winners back under the spotlight to determine which of them has stood the test of time and remains relevant to readers today.
Of the 51 winners, five finalists have been decided, one from each decade of the prize. The shortlist includes:
- In a Free State by V. S. Naipaul
- Moon Tiger by Penelope Lively
- The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
- Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
The winner will be decided by public vote and announced on July 8th, 2018. To cast your ballot, visit the Man Booker website.
You can also read more about the Golden Man Booker prize, including how the finalists were determined, on the Man Booker site.Categories: Awards, Saskatoon, Winnipeg
The winners of this year's Nebula Awards were announced recently. The awards honour the best in American science fiction and fantasy writing published within the past year, and have been awarded annually since 1965.
The 2018 winners are:
- Novel: The Stone Sky by N.K. Jemisin (Orbit)
- Novella: All Systems Red by Martha Wells (Tor.com Publishing)
- Novelette: "A Human Stain" by Kelly Robson (Tor.com 1/4/17)
- Short Story: "Welcome to Your Authentic Indian Experience" by Rebecca Roanhorse (Apex 8/17)
- The Ray Bradbury Award for Outstanding Dramatic Presentation: Get Out (written by Jordan Peele)
- The Andre Norton Award for Outstanding Young Adult Science Fiction or Fantasy Book: The Art of Starving by Sam J. Miller (HarperTeen)
- Kate Wilhelm Solstice Awards: Gardner Dozois and Sheila Williams
- The 34th Damon Knight Memorial Grand Master honor: Peter S. Beagle
For more information about the Nebula Awards, please visit their website.Categories: Awards, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, The Forks
|< Newer - 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 117 - Earlier >|