About this Item
McNally Robinson P.O.D.
Built in 1882, The Roblin Hotel, located on Adelaide Street in Winnipeg's Exchange District, had the distinction of being the last men-only hotel and beer parlour in Canada. Once owned and operated by pioneer and politician J.B. Lauzon, it remained in the family until it was demolished in 1993. Within these pages, interwoven with bits of Manitoba's history, is the tale of The Roblin and three generations of the Roy family (J.B.'s youngest dauther's family). It brings to life stories, both humorous and sad, about the colourful men who lived in the hotel and those who frequented the beer parlour, as remembered by Camille Roy.