Lonely Planet Epic Drives of the World 1 1st Ed.
Buckle up for the next installment in our 'Epic' series and the follow-up to Epic Bike Rides of the World. Epic Drives of the World, abeautiful hardback, showcases 50 of the greatest road trips on Earth, from classic routes in America, Australia and Europe, to incredible adventures in Asia and Africa.
Organised by continent, each route features a first-hand account, awe-inspiring photographs, illustrated maps and practical advice on when to go, how to get there, where to stay and what to eat. From Hawaii's Hana Highway and Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh Road, to Utah's National Park Circuit and Germany's Black Forest High Road, Epic Drives of the World will inspire any motorist to hit the open road.
African and Middle East drives include:
- The self-drive Safari (Zambia)
- Crossing the Kalahari (Botswana)
- Passing over the Panorama Route (South Africa)
- Marrakesh to Taroudannt (Morocco)
- Cruising Clarence Drive (South Africa)
The Americas drives include:
- The Highway to Hana in Hawaii (USA)
- The Salar de Uyuni (Bolivia)
- The Pacific Coast Highway (USA)
- Crossing the Carretera Austral (Chile)
- Canada's Icefields Parkway
Asia drives include:
- On the trail of Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam)
- Crossing the Kathmandu Loop (Nepal)
- Hightailing from Thimphu to Gangtey (Bhutan)
- South Korea: From top to toe
- The road from Srinagar to Manali (India)
Europe drives include:
- Black Forest High Road (Germany)
- The Wilds of Abruzzo (Italy)
- Croatia's Adriatic coast
- Norway's west coast
- The Magic Circle (Iceland)
Oceania drives include:
- Southern Alps explorer (New Zealand)
- The Great Ocean Road (Australia)
- Northland & the Bay of Islands (New Zealand)
- Following the Captain Cook Highway (Australia)
- Alice Springs to Darwin (Australia)
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
If the product is in stock at the store nearest you, we suggest you call ahead to have it set aside for you, or you may place an order online and choose in-store pickup.