Teacher Guide for This Place
150 Years Retold
The graphic novel, This Place: 150 Years Retold, includes a variety of historical and contemporary stories that highlight important moments in Indigenous and Canadian history.
Written by Anishinaabe educator Christine M'Lot, the Teacher Guide for This Place: 150 Years Retold offers 12 comprehensive lessons that support teachers in
- introducing students to the unique demographic, historical, and cultural legacy of Indigenous communities and exploring acts of sovereignty and resiliency
- using circle pedagogy to show the interconnectedness of ideas and topics, primarily in the form of the medicine wheel
- infusing Indigenous pedagogical practices, such as working with others, seeking holism in understanding, and learning through storytelling
- engaging students' understanding and encouraging them to embrace differing worldviews
- NEW! Incorporating the This Place CBC podcast when studying the graphic novel
Lessons in this teacher guide are appropriate to Grades 9-12 English, Grade 11 Global Issues, and Grade 12 Current Topics in First Nations, Métis, and Inuit Studies classes. They are also adaptable to relevant university or college courses.
If the product is in stock at the store nearest you, we suggest you call ahead to have it set aside for you, or you may place an order online and choose in-store pickup.