HCPCS 2023 Level II Professional Edition
Organized for quick and accurate coding, HCPCS Level II Professional 2023 Edition codebook includes the most current Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes and regulations, which are essential references needed for accurate medical billing and maximum permissible reimbursement.
This professional edition includes such features as Netter's anatomical illustrations, dental codes, and ambulatory surgical center (ASC) payment and status indicators.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Full-color Netter's anatomical illustrations clarify complex anatomic information and how it affects coding.
- At-a-glance code listings and distinctive symbols identify all new, revised, reinstated, and deleted codes for 2023.
- The American Hospital Association Coding Clinic® for HCPCS citations provide sources for information about specific codes and their usage.
- Convenient spiral binding provides easy access in practice settings.
- Quantity feature indicates maximum allowable units of service per patient, per day, for physician and hospital outpatient per medically unlikely edits (MUEs) for enhanced accuracy on claims.
- Drug code annotations identify brand-name drugs as well as drugs that appear on the National Drug Class (NDC) directory and other Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved drugs.
- Color-coded Table of Drugs makes it easier to find specific drug information.
- Durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies (DMEPOS) indicators clearly identify supplies to report to durable medical third-party payers.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) payment and status indicators show which codes are payable in the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System.
- American Dental Association (ADA) Current Dental Terminology code sets offer access to all dental codes in one place.
- Jurisdiction symbols show the appropriate contractor to be billed for suppliers submitting claims to Medicare contractors, Part B carriers and Medicare administrative contractors for DMEPOS services.
- Special coverage information provides alerts when codes have specific coverage instructions, are not valid or covered by Medicare or may be paid at the carrier's discretion.
- Age/Sex edits identify codes for use only with patients of a specific age or sex.
About this Author
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the physician's powerful ally in patient care. Our efforts focus on four critical areas: representing physicians with a unified voice, removing obstacles that interfere with patient care, leading the charge in confronting public health crises and driving the future of medicine. For more information on the AMA, please visit ama-assn.org.
For more than 50 years, the AMA has used its knowledge and resources to produce products and services for the health care industry that generate business efficiencies and empower physicians to provide high-quality care. The AMA product line includes titles on CPT®, HCPCS and ICD-10 coding; reimbursement; practice management and Guides® impairment. For more information on all AMA products, please visit ama-assn.com/catalog..
If the product is in stock at the store nearest you, we suggest you call ahead to have it set aside for you, or you may place an order online and choose in-store pickup.