Teaching Yoga, Second Edition
A Comprehensive Guide for Yoga Teachers and Trainers: A Yoga Alliance-Aligned Manual of Asanas, Breathing Techniques, Yogic Foundations, and More
The bestselling guide for yoga teachers and trainers, revised and updated--a comprehensive Yoga Alliance-aligned manual of asanas, breathing techniques, yogic foundations, and more.
Revised and updated, Teaching Yoga by yoga expert Mark Stephens is one of the most popular resources for new and experienced teachers, and has been a trusted guide since its publication in 2010.
This classic resource covers fundamental topics of yoga history and philosophy, as well as each of the 11 major styles of contemporary yoga. There is also practical advice for every stage of the teaching process, including tools for teaching 108 yoga poses (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), and meditation.
The 2nd edition--adapted to meet the needs of the modern yoga teacher--features:
- Updated sections on yoga history and philosophy
- Discussions of trauma-sensitive yoga
- Coverage of cultural appropriation, racism, and sexism in yoga
- An inclusive approach that expands beyond the traditional vinyasa flow style
- New photos and illustrations
- 1-page summaries after each chapter
- An extended list of references for further learning
About this Author
If the product is in stock at the store nearest you, we suggest you call ahead to have it set aside for you, or you may place an order online and choose in-store pickup.