An Honest Discussion about the Retirement Lie and How to Live a Future Worthy of Dreams
Enjoy having 10 powerful disciplines and practical applications you can easily use to break free of an unfulfilling retirement and step forward into a new, remarkably fulfilling season--regardless of how you've defined "work." Afterwork is a healthy and hopeful approach to retirement --and it may be different than conventional wisdom.
Our society declares that a self-focused, uber-comfortable, and vacation-minded retirement is what we want. That retirement is mostly a financial problem to be solved. What could possibly go wrong with double the free time and less structure in your life? But, this is where we go wrong. The retirement lie says that a successful retirement is an endless vacation based on financial security, but this way of thinking is a down payment toward purposelessness and disappointment. Afterwork:
- Exposes the retirement lie
- Explores the 10 key disciplines to avoid a destiny of disillusionment
- Opens you to a life of purpose and meaning
How Does Afterwork Help?
Afterwork is an honest discussion about the "retirement lie" and a guide to living a future worthy of God's plan for you. Afterwork will help you:
- Sidestep the loaded word "retire" in favor of a purposeful new season
- Realize you're not a "has been"-you are the strongest, most impactful version of you yet
- Cope with the reality vs. the daydream of the afterwork life and start thriving
- Avoid the traps of the retirement "sugar rush" and "retirement drift"
- Shift your focus from money and "happiness" to meaning and impact
- And more!
The 10 Key Disciplines of Afterwork
Each of Afterwork's key disciplines will help you take back control of what you can in simple, easy-to-understand ways.
- Practical: Enjoy having practical, actionable advice you can start following now to launch yourself into the most meaningful season of your life yet!
- Relevant: Written by highly successful wealth management and financial planning experts, Joel Malick and Alex Lippert, you'll gain decades of knowledge from their real experiences with clients.
- Easy to Read: With outlines and simple summaries, you can grasp key concepts about retirement at a glance! Whether you're avoiding the retirement sugar rush or learning how to manage your suddenly empty daily schedule, enjoy clearly written rundowns to help you glean ideas quickly.
- Easy to Understand: Enjoy having a simple yet deep read into the keys for retirement success. Retirement shouldn't be only for financial experts of psychology majors.
If the product is in stock at the store nearest you, we suggest you call ahead to have it set aside for you, or you may place an order online and choose in-store pickup.