How to Apply Science, Technology, and Data to Maximize Performance
For years strength coaches relied solely on one-repetition maximum percentages to select loads for specific phases of program design. Today, however, more and more coaches have turned to velocity-based training for its pinpoint accuracy in measuring athletes' explosive power through the monitoring of bar and body speeds. As one of the first books of its kind to feature this exciting new method for increasing explosive power,Velocity-Based Trainingtakes an in-depth look into how to best incorporate velocity-based training (VBT) into an athlete's training program.
Author Nunzio Signore is one of the most in-demand strength and conditioning coaches in New York and has worked with players from the Minnesota Twins, Anaheim Angels, New York Yankees, New York Mets, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Seattle Mariners, to name a few. InVelocity-Based Training, Signore will show you how bring your athletes to greater levels of strength, speed, and power at a faster rate. You will find the following:
- Descriptions of the different types of VBT devices and the pros and cons of each, enabling you to select the best option for your needs
- Instructions on how to use VBT to assess athlete readiness and set specific training parameters for maximum results
- Information on how to use VBT to ensure athletes are training at the appropriate intensity according to where they are in their yearly training plan
- Expert guidance on how to use VBT daily with athletes of various training ages and ability levels
- Sample programming that includes exercises, intensities, and tempos for all four training seasons (postseason, off-season, preseason, and in-season), allowing you to set thresholds that minimize the potential for undertraining or overtraining
CE exam available!For certified professionals, a companion continuing education exam can be completed after reading this book.Velocity-Based Training Online CE Exammay be purchased separately or as part of theVelocity-Based Training With CE Exampackage that includes both the book and the exam.
About this Author
Nunzio Signoreis a certified strength and conditioning coach and the owner and operator of Rockland Peak Performance (RPP). He is also a member of the American Baseball Biomechanics Society (ABBS) and director of the Pitching Lab in New Jersey. For the past 10 years, he has been one of the most in-demand strength and conditioning coaches in the New York and New Jersey areas, working with players from the Minnesota Twins, Anaheim Angels, New York Yankees, New York Mets, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Seattle Mariners, to name a few. He has written articles for publications such asInside Pitch Magazineand speaks annually at baseball clinics such as Pitch-a-Palooza, Bridge the Gap, NY Coaches Convention, Be the Best, and Inside Baseball Coaches Conventions.
Signore also has served as an adjunct professor at St. Thomas Aquinas College, teaching theories and applications of strength and conditioning. In addition, he is a lecturer at Springfield College, SUNY Cortland, and Penn State and is affiliated with the Wake Forest Pitching Lab.
If the product is in stock at the store nearest you, we suggest you call ahead to have it set aside for you, or you may place an order online and choose in-store pickup.