English for Everyone
Level 1: Beginner, Course Book: A Complete Self-Study Program
Our Course Book (Level 1) is a great reference guide to introduce English for beginners including key language skills, grammar, and vocabulary.
Ideal for English test preparations or ESL lesson plans, the Course Book uses visual teaching methods to introduce the English language, reinforced through a variety of exercises and examples when used alongside our Practice Book (Level 1). From introducing yourself and talking about your home, city, and hobbies to expanding your vocabulary and understanding grammar rules, this is a completely comprehensive introduction to learning English.
Whether you are looking for ESL teaching materials, or a structured program for adults to learn English as a second language, the English for Everyone Course Books provide:
- Sample language examples: New language topics are introduced in context using clear, illustrated, and color-coded explanations
- Supporting audio: Extensive English-speaking audio materials integrated into every unit, giving vital oral and listening practice. (All supplementary audio is available on the DK English for Everyone website and IOS/Android App).
- Sentence formation guides: Visual break downs of English grammar, showing learners how to recreate even complex English sentences
- Visual English vocabulary cues: Lists of useful English words and common phrases with visual aids are available throughout the book
- Personalized learning: Write-on lines encourage ESL learners to write their own prompts and translations where needed to help customize English language learning
The English for Everyone Level 1 resources cover the skills and topics required for all major global English-language exams and reference frameworks including:
- CEFR: A1
- TOEFL (test paper): 0-250
- TOEFL (computer-based test): 0-30
- TOEFL (online test): 0-10
- IELTS: 0-2.5
- TOEIC: 0-200
English for Everyone is a series of guides and practice books that supports English learning for adults from a beginner level, to intermediate, and advanced practical English. Offering an easy-to-follow format that offers guidance for both teaching English as a second or foreign language, and a self-study approach with resources available to improve English speaking, reading, and writing.
About this Author
DK was founded in London in 1974 and is now the world leading illustrated reference publisher and a member of the Penguin Random House division of Bertelsmann. DK publishes highly visual, photographic non-fiction for adults and children. DK produces content for consumers in over 100 countries and over 60 languages, with offices in the UK, India, US, Germany, China, Canada, Spain and Australia.
DK's aim is to inspire, educate and entertain readers of all ages, and everything DK publishes, whether print or digital, embodies the unique DK design approach. DK brings unrivaled clarity to a wide range of topics, with a unique combination of words and pictures, put together to spectacular effect. We have a reputation for innovation in design for both print and digital products.
Our adult range spans travel, including the award-winning DK Eyewitness Travel Guides, history, science, nature, sport, gardening, cookery and parenting.
DK's extensive children's list showcases a fantastic store of information for children, toddlers and babies. DK covers everything from animals and the human body, to homework help and craft activities, together with an impressive list of licensing titles, including the best-selling LEGO® books.
DK acts as the parent company for Alpha Books, publisher of the Idiot's Guides series.
If the product is in stock at the store nearest you, we suggest you call ahead to have it set aside for you, or you may place an order online and choose in-store pickup.