Floret Farm's Discovering Dahlias
A Guide to Growing and Arranging Magnificent Blooms
A stunning guide to growing, harvesting, and arranging gorgeous dahlia blooms from celebrated farmer-florist and New York Times bestselling author Erin Benzakein, founder of Floret Flower Farm.
World-renowned flower farmer and floral designer Erin Benzakein reveals all the secrets to growing, cultivating, and arranging gorgeous dahlias. These coveted floral treasures come in a dazzling range of colors, sizes, and forms, with enough variety for virtually every garden space and personal preference, making them one of the most beloved flowers for arrangements.
In these pages, readers will discover:
- Expert advice for planting, harvesting, and arranging garden-fresh dahlias
- A simple-to-follow overview of the dahlia classification system
- An A-Z guide with photos and descriptions of more than 350 varieties
- Step-by-step how-to's for designing show-stopping dahlia bouquets that elevate any occasion
EXPERT AUTHOR: Erin Benzakein's gorgeous flowers are celebrated throughout the world. Her first book, Floret Farm's Cut Flower Garden, won the American Horticultural Society Book Award. The follow-up Floret Farm's A Year in Flowers is a New York Times bestseller.
LANGUAGE OF FLOWERS: Overflowing with hundreds of lush photographs and invaluable advice, Discovering Dahlias is an essential resource for gardeners and a must-have for flower lovers, avid and novice gardeners, floral designers, florists, small farmers, stylists, and designers.
BEAUTIFUL GIFT BOOK: A beautiful present for Mother's Day and a thoughtful gift for nature lovers, flower enthusiasts, and gardeners, this colorful, flower-forward package pairs perfectly with a bouquet of flowers, seeds, or a vase.
- Fans of gardening, flower arranging, and decorating
- Birthday, Mother's Day, housewarming, or hostess gift
- Pair with other beautiful items from the Floret Farm collection, including Floret Farm's Cut Flower Garden and Floret Farm's A Year in Flowers books, as well as Floret Farm's Garden Journal, 100 Postcards, Garden Dahlia Notes, and Sweet Pea Notes stationery and gifts
- Readers of Floriography: An Illustrated Guide to the Victorian Language of Flowers, The Flower School, Square Foot Gardening, and Flower Color Guide
About this Author
Erin Benzakein is a world-renowned flower farmer known for her lush, vibrant floral designs. She is the author of Floret Farm's A Year in Flowers, a New York Times bestseller, and Floret Farm's Cut Flower Garden, winner of the American Horticultural Society Book Award. Her work has been featured in Martha Stewart Living, Better Homes & Gardens, Sunset Magazine, the New York Times, Magnolia Journal, and Country Living. She lives in Mount Vernon, Washington, with her husband, Chris, and their two children.
Jill Jorgensen is the Creative Director at Floret, where she oversees all new product and content creation while helping bring fresh ideas to life. She has a rich background in writing, floral design, and event planning.
Julie Chai is a gardening writer and editor. She has been featured by Martha Stewart Living, Better Homes & Gardens, the San Francisco Chronicle, Gardenista, HGTV, and Sunset Magazine, where she was the senior garden editor.
If the product is in stock at the store nearest you, we suggest you call ahead to have it set aside for you, or you may place an order online and choose in-store pickup.