The Rise of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare - A Guide for Users, Buyers, Builders, and Investors
Explores the transformative impact of artificial intelligence (AI) on the healthcare industry
AI Doctor: The Rise of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare provides a timely and authoritative overview of the current impact and future potential of AI technology in healthcare. With a reader-friendly narrative style, this comprehensive guide traces the evolution of AI in healthcare, describes methodological breakthroughs, drivers and barriers of its adoption, discusses use cases across clinical medicine, administration and operations, and life sciences, and examines the business models for the entrepreneurs, investors, and customers.
Detailed yet accessible chapters help those in the business and practice of healthcare recognize the remarkable potential of AI in areas such as drug discovery and development, diagnostics, therapeutics, clinical workflows, personalized medicine, early disease prediction, population health management, and healthcare administration and operations. Throughout the text, author Ronald M. Razmi, MD offers valuable insights on harnessing AI to improve health of the world population, develop more efficient business models, accelerate long-term economic growth, and optimize healthcare budgets.
Addressing the potential impact of AI on the clinical practice of medicine, the business of healthcare, and opportunities for investors, AI Doctor: The Rise of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare:
- Discusses what AI is currently doing in healthcare and its direction in the next decade
- Examines the development and challenges for medical algorithms
- Identifies the applications of AI in diagnostics, therapeutics, population health, clinical workflows, administration and operations, discovery and development of new clinical paradigms and more
- Presents timely and relevant information on rapidly expanding generative AI technologies, such as Chat GPT
- Describes the analysis that needs to be made by entrepreneurs and investors as they evaluate building or investing in health AI solutions
- Features a wealth of relatable real-world examples that bring technical concepts to life
- Explains the role of AI in the development of vaccines, diagnostics, and therapeutics during the COVID-19 pandemic
About this Author
RONALD M. RAZMI, MD is a cardiologist and the co-founder and Managing Director of Zoi Capital, a venture capital firm that invests in the applications of AI in healthcare. Dr. Razmi completed his medical training at the Mayo Clinic and holds an MBA from Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management. He was a McKinsey consultant before launching a population health management software company at the dawn of digital health. He saw firsthand the confluence of clinical, technical, and business factors that need to come together for new technologies to gain a foothold in healthcare. He is a co-author of the Handbook of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
If the product is in stock at the store nearest you, we suggest you call ahead to have it set aside for you, or you may place an order online and choose in-store pickup.