Sexually Transmissible Oral Diseases
A Detailed Description of Sexually Transmissible Oral Diseases Relevant to Dental Practice
Sexually Transmissible Oral Diseases delivers an expert and comprehensive description of sexually transmissible oral diseases encountered in clinical dental practice. This book features contributions from more than 20 international experts representing the disciplines of oral medicine, sexual health, infectious diseases, microbiology, community medicine, and dermatology.
Divided into three relevant sections, readers will find:
- An overview of the etiology, epidemiology, and prevention of sexually transmitted infections, including HIV/AIDS.
- Details on risky sexual behaviors and their impact on oral health, including the risk of sexually transmissible diseases associated with oral sex.
- Detailed descriptions of oral manifestations of sexually transmissible infections.
- Diagnostic and treatment strategies for oral healthcare professionals in the dental setting.
- Clinical images that complement the user-friendly patient-focused approach of the book.
Sexually Transmissible Oral Diseases is ideal for dental practitioners, oral medicine specialists, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, dental hygienists, oral health therapists, and dental educators. The book will also earn a place in medical and dental libraries as a recommended reference book for dental students, medical students, and students of other health professions.
About this Author
S.R. Prabhu, BDS; MDS (Oral Path), FFDRCI (Oral Med), FDSRCS (Edin), FDS RCS (Glasg), FDSRCS(Eng.), FFGDPRCS (UK), MOMed RCS (Edin), FICD is an Honorary Associate Professor of Oral Medicine at The University of Queensland School of Dentistry in Brisbane, Australia.
The Section Editors:
Nicholas van Wagoner, MD, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases at UAB Heersink School of Medicine in Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Jeff Hill, DMD is Professor of Restorative Sciences at UAB School of Dentistry and Director - 1917 HIV/AIDS Dental Clinic, Division of Infectious Diseases at UAB Heersink School of Medicine in Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Shailendra Sawleshwarkar, MD, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor of Sexual Health Medicine at Sydney Medical School, Faculty of Medicine and Health, The University of Sydney in Sydney, Australia
If the product is in stock at the store nearest you, we suggest you call ahead to have it set aside for you, or you may place an order online and choose in-store pickup.