An Inclusive Deck and Guidebook
A vibrant, deluxe illustrated tarot deck and guidebook set, centering and celebrating LGBTQ+ identity, created by queer and trans artist team Ash + Chess.
- AN INCLUSIVE, AFFIRMING DECK: Queer Tarot is a bright, bold interpretation of the tarot that offers inspiration, affirmation, and LGBTQ+ representation. Created by queer and trans artists Ashley Molesso and Chess Needham of Ash + Chess, this reimagining of the classic figures in the Major and Minor Arcana showcases a wide range of gender expressions and sexual orientations, and incorporates queer history and iconography throughout.
- DELUXE SET: This set includes 78 full-color illustrated tarot cards (3 X 5 inches), shrink wrapped in an interior travel case; a 168-page, full-color illustrated flexibind book (4 3/4 X 6 inches); and a keepsake magnetic closure box with metallic foil accents. Cards and travel case are embedded in an interior flocked tray.
- FULLY ILLUSTRATED TAROT GUIDEBOOK: The flexibind guidebook provides an illustrated introduction to the tarot, with LGBTQ+ descriptions and suggested interpretations for each card, as well as instructions for sample readings and a brief history of tarot.
- VIBRANT FULL-COLOR ART FROM ASH + CHESS: Queer Tarot features Ash + Chess's signature colorful, risograph-style illustrations, including retro color palettes and bold, detailed figures.
- ALL CARDS BASED ON REAL, DIVERSE MODELS: Each card in Queer Tarot is based on real LGBTQ+ folx commissioned for this project by Ash + Chess. The deck celebrates a full range of races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, sizes, and abilities.
- A PERFECT GIFT: This joyful, inclusive, and beautiful tarot deck set is an ideal gift for tarot novices, seasoned readers, queer folx of all ages, and their allies.
About this Author
Ash + Chess is a stationery & gift company run by queer and trans couple Ashley Molesso (she/her) and Chess Needham (he/him), based in Upstate New York. They create greeting cards, art prints, and more in bold, retro color palettes, often using their artwork to uplift the queer community. Their company made its debut at the National Stationery Show in May 2017, and since then over 700+ retailers throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia sell their art and stationery. In the short time they've been in business, Ash + Chess have worked on many collaborations including artwork for Target, Smartfood, Skittles, Nooworks, Belletrist, Plaza Style, Brooklyn Roasting Co., Transfigure Print Co., HarperCollins, Workman Publishing, Running Press Studio, Macy's STORY, and more. They are the authors of multiple publications, including: The Gay Agenda: A Modern Queer History & Handbook (Morrow Gift) 2020; Queer Tarot: An Inclusive Deck and Guidebook (RP Studio) 2022; My Queer Year Guided Journal (RP Studio) 2022; ABC-Deconstructing Gender (RP Kids) 2023, The Big Book of Queer Stickers (RP Studio) 2023, and Just Like My Family (forthcoming, RP Kids) 2024.
If the product is in stock at the store nearest you, we suggest you call ahead to have it set aside for you, or you may place an order online and choose in-store pickup.