Happy Thanksgiving weekend!
All of our bookstores and restaurants will be open regular hours this Saturday and Sunday. On Thanksgiving Monday (Oct. 10), our Saskatoon store will be closed and our Winnipeg store will be open with special holiday hours: 12 PM - 5 PM.
Prairie Ink Restaurant will be closed on Thanksgiving Monday, but the Patisserie at our Winnipeg location will be open for counter service.
We hope you enjoy your holiday.Categories: Store News, Saskatoon, Winnipeg
The longlist for the 2016 Scotiabank Giller Prize was announced this past week, comprising 12 Canadian writers all vying to win the $100,000 award. The list was selected by a panel of five judges, who will pare their selections down to a six-book shortlist to be announced on Monday Setpember 26th.
The 2016 Giller longlist is:
- Mona Awad for 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl (Penguin Canada)
- Gary Barwin for Yiddish for Pirates (Random House Canada)
- Andrew Battershill for Pillow (Coach House Books)
- David Bergen for Stranger (HarperCollins Publishers Ltd)
- Emma Donoghue for The Wonder (HarperCollins Publishers Ltd)
- Catherine Leroux for The Party Wall (Biblioasis, translated by Lazer Lederhendler)
- Kathy Page for The Two of Us (Biblioasis)
- Susan Perly for Death Valley (Wolsak and Wynn Publishers)
- Kerry Lee Powell for Willem De Kooning’s Paintbrush (HarperCollins Publishers Ltd)
- Steven Price for By Gaslight (McClelland & Stewart)
- Madeleine Thien for Do Not Say We Have Nothing (Alfred A. Knopf Canada)
- Zoe Whittall for The Best Kind of People (House of Anansi Press Inc.)
We had the pleasure of launching David Bergen's Stranger in front of a packed house on Tuesday September 6. Catherine Leroux will be reading from The Party Wall at Thin Air 2016: The Winnipeg International Writers Festival. You can also join us here at the store for an evening with Zoe Whittall on Saturday November 26.Categories: Awards, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Prairie Ink
As we head into the fall, Prairie Ink Restaurant & Bakery is featuring seasonal vegan and vegetarian Chef Specials inspired by two great cookbooks.
Angela Liddon's Oh She Glows Every Day, the follow-up to her international bestseller The Oh She Glows Cookbook, is packed with simple and delicious plant-based recipes that will keep you glowing from the inside out every day. (Hardcover. $32.00. Penguin. September)
The creators of the Thug Kitchen series of cookbooks are back with another off-the-wall guide to healthy eating. Thug Kitchen 101 features more than 100 vegetarian recipes that not only benefit our bodies, minds, pocketbooks, and the environment, but taste good too. (Hardcover. $29.99. HarperCollins. October)
The chefs at Prairie Ink Restaurant & Bakery are also updating our fall menu. Watch for new entrées and appetizers throughout the season alongside all your favourites. (Hint: if you're in Winnipeg and you like stuffed-chicken, Prairie Ink is planning a variety of rotating stuffed-chicken specials.)Categories: Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Cooking, Prairie Ink
Keep cool with a variety of specialty cocktails made with the best spirits, liqueurs, fresh juices and garnishes at Prairie Ink this summer. Each of our locations is featuring their own selection of special drinks made with locally-sourced liquors and ingredients.
• Raspberry vodka cocktail muddled with basil, served in a martini glass with a sugared rim and topped off with tonic water.
• Limoncino on the rocks with white cranberry juice and a little lemon juice.
• Dill Pickle Caesar, a twist on the classic Caesar using dill pickle vodka from Last Mountain Distillery, a blend of spices and garnished with a house made pickle.
• Frozen Ginger Peach, fresh peach and ginger puree blended with ice, whiskey from Last Mountain Distillery, and amaretto, and garnished with a swirl of grenadine.
• Sour Cherry Smash, featuring locally grown sour cherries infused with fresh mint and served over ice with whiskey from Last Mountain Distillery and club soda.
• Saskatoon Berry Beer Cocktail, a pint of Crazy Farm beer from Prairie Sun Brewery infused with Saskatoon berry liqueur from Luck Bastard Distillery and amaretto.
We're pleased to announce that our Winnipeg location has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. Not only that, we're currently #1 for Coffee and Tea in Winnipeg.
Thanks to everyone for dining and drinking with us, and for all of your wonderful reviews!Categories: Winnipeg, Prairie Ink
|1 2 3 - Earlier >|