Food Network Canada Chef, and host of Dish Entertains, Trish Magwood will be presenting an evening of Food and Wine at Prairie Ink Restaurant & Bakery Winnipeg on Wednesday, May 11 at 6:00 pm. The menu will be based on recipes in her new cookbook, In My Mother's Kitchen (Hardcover. $39.99), a collection of traditional home cooking ideas created with the working mom in mind. (HarperCollins. April)
Makes a great Mother's Day gift. Tickets are $100 per per or $160 for couples and include a copy of In My Mother's Kitchen. They are available in person at Prairie Ink Restaurant or by calling 975-2659.
The night's menu is as follows:
* Elena's Curried Corn Chowder
* Arugula and Parm Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
* Mustard-Crusted Rack of Lamb with Mom's stuffed tomatoes and candied parsnip fries
* Berry Meringues
Wine pairings to each course.
$24.95 Add to Cart
Started Early, Took My Dog becomes an extended and multi-faceted exploration of parenting and love, and of the ways people fail to protect children. This could turn out bleak, but Atkinson's characters are well crafted, and their depth, and humour save it.did not disappoint. In the reviews she is praised for her plotting, but she's also at work on deeper levels and Categories: Staff Pick, Authors
The most prestigious American prize for writing, the Pulitzer Prize, has been announced.
The Pulitzer prize for fiction was given to a novel inspired by Proust and The Sopranos and features a chapter written entirely as a PowerPoint presentation, A Visit From the Goon Squad. A Visit From the Goon Squad also won National Book Critics Circle Award, is a PEN/Faulkner Award Finalist, and is a New York Times Book Review Best Book.widely acclaimed novel
The Emperor of All Maladies, won the non-fiction Pulitzer for, judges said, being "an elegant inquiry, at once clinical and personal, into the long history of an insidious disease that, despite treatment breakthroughs, still bedevils medical science".biography" of cancer, Categories: Awards
with launching Galaxy
facilitates a Knowledge Bureau Financial Literacy Presentation, Evelyn is the author of MASTER Your Taxes: How to Maximize Your After Tax Returns. Wednesday April 20, 7:00 pm.
launching There's a Basketball on My Buffet: The True-Life Adventures of Mothering a Son. Wednesday April 20 7:30 pm.
, This evening of readings from A Peeled Wand: Selected Poems of Anne Szumigalski pays tribute to aremarkable poet. The night's readers include Frances Bitney, Di Brandt, Alison Calder, Sharon Caseburg, Lori Cayer, Dennis Cooley, Victor Enns, Michelle Forrest, Clarise Foster, Patrick Friesen, Ariel Gordon, Heidi Harms, Sara Harms, Jan Horner, Tessa Loran, Mariianne Mayes, Chandra Mayor, Barbara Schott, Colin Smith, Tony Szumigalski, and Janine Tschuncky. Wednesday April 20 8:00 pm.
launching Mom Inc.: Raising Your Family and Your Business Without Losing Your Mind or Your Shirt. Thursday April 21, 7:00 pm.
presentation on the Best of Italy. Thursday April 21 7:30 pm
launching Pulse Magazine, Thursday April 21 8:00 pm.
Ceramics Demonstration & DVD Launch of Ceramic Workshop. Saturday April 23 2:00 pm.
, Free Live Music in Prairie Ink Restaurant + Bakery, Saturday April 23, 8:00 pm.
Manitoban literary achievement was celebrated April 17th at the Centre Culturel Franco-Manitobain. Congratulations to all the nominees and award recipients.
- McNally Robinson Book of the Year: This Hidden Thing by , published by CMU Press
- McNally Robinson Book for Young People Award, Older Category: Ortega by , published by Kids Can Press
- Aqua Books Lansdowne Prize for Poetry Prix Lansdowne de Poésie: Hump by , published by Palimpsest Press
- Mary Scorer Award for Best Book by a Manitoba Publisher: I Still Don't Even Know You by , published by Turnstone Press
- Alexander Kennedy Isbister Award for Non-Fiction: When the Other Is Me by , published by University of Manitoba Press
- Best Illustrated Book of the Year Award: The Imagination Manifesto - Book Two by , with and , cover design and illustrations by , published by Alchemical Press Ltd.
- Carol Shields Winnipeg Book Award: The Matter with Morris by , published by Harper Collins
- Eileen McTavish Sykes Award for Best First Book by a Manitoba Author: High Speed Crow by , published by Oberon Press
- John Hirsch Award for Most Promising Manitoba Writer:
- Manuela Dias Book Design of the Year Award: A Dog's Breakfast: A Chef's Guide to Healthy Home Cooking for Your Favorite Pooch by , design by , published by Great Plains Publications
- Margaret Laurence Award for Fiction: The Matter with Morris by , published by Harper Collins
- Le Prix littéraire Rue-Deschambault: Lointaines par , publié par Les Éditions du Blé
|< Newer - 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 445 - Earlier >|