How do I transfer my Google eBook to my device:
You can transfer Google eBooks to your Adobe-supported devices using Adobe Digital Editions by following these steps. If you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch please follow these instructions.
First time only
1. If you haven’t done so already, install the latest version of Adobe Digital Editions software to your computer and follow the instructions to create an Adobe ID. Now follow steps below.
All other times
1. Go to Your eBook Library account on our website.
2. Click under the book image on either the ePub or PDF link of the file you’d like to transfer (choose ePub unless you know you want the PDF). This will download the ACSM file onto your computer.
3. Open the ACSM file from your computer, and the file should open with Adobe Digital Editions. If it does not, right-click the .acsm file and select "Open With..." and open the file with Adobe Digital Editions.
4. Your Google eBook is now added to the "All Items" bookshelf in the Library View. If you are not in the Library View, click on the top-left most icon in the window.
5. Connect your Adobe supported device to your computer with a USB cable provided with the device.
6. Confirm that Adobe Digital Editions recognizes your device as a device ("Nook" in this example) under Bookshelves in left-hand pane (see below). If it does not, close Adobe Digital Editions and reopen it with the USB cable in place.
7. Click and drag the Google eBook in the right-hand pane onto the device icon in the left-hand pane. Note: If you are not able to drag the Google Books onto the icon, the device is not authorized.
8. After a few seconds, confirm the transfer is complete by clicking on the device icon and locating the Google eBook.
Before disconnecting, safely eject the device from your computer (or unmount the device on Mac).
Reactivating Adobe Digital Editions on your device:
In some cases, you may need to deactivate and re-activate Adobe Digital Editions on your device. To do so, please follow these steps:
Which devices are compatible with Google ebooks?
Google ebooks are accessible using your web browser, and by using dedicated apps on the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, and any Android phone. Google ebooks can also be read with a number of ebook readers including Kobo readers and Sony Portable Readers.
The full list of Adobe-compatible devices can be found at http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/devices/. Google ebooks are not compatible with Amazon Kindle devices.
Your most recent purchase will be the one displayed first in the list. To start reading your Google eBook immediately, just click the ebook cover to launch the WebReader.
Learn more on our Your eBook Library help page.